Sandra Fried is Vice President of the Success Center for California Community Colleges, housed within the Foundation. Founded in 2014, the Success Center assists the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office implementation of large-scale, systemwide student success reforms through policy development, professional development, and special projects. A nationally recognized policy thought leader, Fried has comprehensively built the Success Center team to support student success-focused initiatives to increase community college completion rates.
- Serves on the Chancellor’s executive team
- Established the Success Center’s policy shop, a key resource for research and best practices that support student-centered systems reform
- Facilitated the California Community College system’s Vision for Success strategic plan and philanthropic support for related reforms
- Evolved the system’s professional learning network into the Vision Resource Center information portal to support community college Vision for Success implementation
An accomplished higher education policy and advocacy expert, Fried served as the University of California’s Associate Director for Legislative Affairs in the State Capitol. She also previously served as the California State Assembly’s Chief Consultant, where she analyzed legislation, directed committee operations and hearings, and negotiated policy issues.
Fried earned her bachelor of arts in history and economics from the University of California, Davis and is a proud former California Community College student.
Areas of expertise:
- Higher education policy and advocacy
- Strategic planning
- Reform projects design