Policy Research and Data Analysis
To support the work of the Chancellor’s Office and the Foundation for California Community Colleges, the Policy and Research Unit provides detailed research on emerging practices and data analysis to better understand the community college student experience and examine the effects of existing policies. Our work involves both primary and secondary research conducted in-house or contracted out to partnering research organizations. In addition, the Policy and Research unit cultivates relationships with leading researchers across the state and nationally to support systemwide reform efforts and ultimately boost student achievement. To help advance system wide efforts, our research reports and findings are internal. However, our work is reflected in public-facing Chancellor’s Office reports or published journal articles.
ACTIONABLE RESEARCH PRACTICES
- Conduct regulatory and statutory review
- Draft detailed research reports and policy briefs
- Run trend analyses, descriptive statistics, and other data analysis methods
- Landscape analyses and exploratory research
- Participate in Chancellor’s Office research and data workgroups and advisory committees