The Strategic Projects and Initiatives (SPI) unit leverages philanthropic funding to support the Chancellor’s Office as it implements reforms associated with the Vision for Success. This includes utilizing research, data, and stakeholder engagement to advance changes in policy and practice, and managing projects within the Chancellor’s Office towards those goals.
Activities of the SPI unit include:
- Policy implementation - providing thought partnership to the Chancellor’s Office and guidance and tools for practitioners to implement Vision-related policy reforms
- Research - conducting state-of-the-system analyses to develop actionable guidance that supports the Vision for Success and the Chancellor’s policy priorities.
- Data and evaluation - providing data analysis and evaluation services to the Chancellor’s Office and other Success Center units on statewide priorities.
- Stakeholder engagement - assisting the Chancellor’s Office in convening stakeholders in support of Vision-related projects.
- Project management - employing project management techniques to proactively guide projects from initiation to close-out, by engaging key stakeholders, controlling for risks, and overseeing alignment of program work.